Viva la Frida

Friday 20 May 2011

At the age of 15 I was obsessed with Frida Kahlo. I've noticed a bit of a Frida revival in the fashion world this summer and had a little revival myself when, last weekend,I watched Frida(2002)with Frida Kahlo being played by the beautiful Salma Hayek. Apparently Hayek actually shaved between her eyebrows to grow a real monobrow to play the role, now that's dedication.

Here's some Frida inspired items that I am very tempted to get my hands on.


Frida Kahlo t-shirt - Zara
Kahlo bib necklace - by Garnet Jewellery from Need Supply 
14k gold skull earrings - Michelle Chang Jewellery on Etsy
Frida Kahlo digital print - By claireowendrawings on Etsy

And I love this Kahlo themed photoshoot featured in Mexican Vogue this March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer-posts older-posts home